Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Houston
You understand you have to protect your home. Above all else, it’s the spot where your family lives and is where you have all of your belongings. But what form of home defense is ideal? Figuring out if you should use 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief choices you need to make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Houston and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system bridges to a third-party monitoring service that is prepared to offer assistance at any moment. When a window sensor triggers or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring agents are issued an instant alert. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and send the appropriate first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional support. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you need to take action to get it resolved. This possibility is the cheaper route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Houston
Here’s a short overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system in place is always smart. If you are away from home, not awake, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll respond quicker to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems may entitle you to a homeowners insurance discount.
- Superior components and flawless integration: When you receive equipment, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security specialist, you will gain access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will come across independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Many people would prefer to have work taken care of by experienced professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation may be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is something you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Houston
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some may deem this to be a benefit as they can do the installation themselves and not have an extra fee. Other residents will prefer going with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to incorporate devices whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. However, you may find assembling into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in control of getting support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t see a security warning? This circumstance will lead to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need a helping hand during an installation, you may have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Houston
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Houston from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the best choice for your family. Dial (713) 335-3438 today to get started.