Security cameras can easily be used as a deterrent—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come equipped with a number of additions all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these additions enable you to get the most from video surveillance in Houston.
How To Set Up Your Houston Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to improving your security cameras is installing your devices in the right spots within your living space. Interior security cameras should be placed in common areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good idea to install a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to pass to access the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear scene of your front door, drive, front and patio, garage, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas within your house that are less important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, installing a camera in the bedroom can hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Component location is only the foundation for getting the most from home security cameras in Houston. The innovations described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your phone whenever strange motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when activity is discovered which helps add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your video surveillance to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone through the device. Via your security app, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a camera can see, and gives you a more exhaustive look at any space. Look for cameras that provide at least 120° wide angle lens or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the opportunity to guard single spots within your living space.. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to notify you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and disregard animals passing or the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Houston is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your security system rises from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (713) 335-3438 or complete the form below to start personalizing your security system today.