How Does Geofencing In Houston Work With Home Security?
Today's residential security solutions have become more advanced by the day. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to do simple security duties like activating your home security, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you no longer needed to remember doing these things in the future? With geofencing in Houston, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Houston For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border along the sides of your residence, which you are able to customize within your cell phone app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements utilize to interact with each other. This technological advancement assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto the same network. You are then able to institute a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For example, shortly after you leave your property, you may instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can alert your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your home security system in Houston. When accessing the mobile app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan when the CO detector trips. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your security camera detects abnormal activity in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Have your lights lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to arm the security system if you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Houston
Whether you’re looking for additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (713) 335-3438 or submit the form below to get started on your optimal security system.